What you expect and receive from Prestashop version 1.7
Prestasashop version 1.7 has no official release date. Its beta version is already released on June 2nd. Until all the settings are done, it will be released for developers to explore. While waiting, online store owners can use stable version of 1.6.
From version 1.6, there are many problems that users want to be improved.
- Speed is the most serious concern that Prestashop community is worried about. Version 1.6 still has problems with SQL queries.
- Flexible customization should be a to-do-list in the newest version 1.7. For example, there should be customization in price, quantity, shopping bag, etc. There is still a restriction in version 1.6.
- An improved shopping cart app would be helpful.
- Better password security.
- More supported apps for minor customization.
According to Prestashop Official, this major version aims at simplifying the creation of a shop and product, and to facilitate the path to your first sale. It consists of four main projects:
- A better way to create and maintain a theme:
- A new default theme (classy and efficient).
- A starter theme to help designers create a kick-ass theme in half the time it took with PrestaShop 1.6.
- Improved key user journeys in the back office:
- A new on boarding for beginners.
- A simplified product-creation workflow.
- Easily find installed and non-installed modules.
- An improved administration interface menu structure, focused on getting the most common tasks done faster.
- A new architecture, based on the Symfony2 framework.
In general, there is no details about how Prestashop 1.7’s system will be updated. There is only thing that all Prestashop users should know that it is not easy to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7. 1.7 would require hardcore compatible modules and high-level Prestashop experts. Therefore, if you are currently satisfied with your store’s system, please stay tuned. There is no rush updating to 1.7 immediately after it is released. Your store may stop working. Give developers more time to explore, so that your store would work 100% efficiently without problems occurred.
Now we all are looking forward to using this newest version. In the meanwhile, Apollo Theme still provides support for any Prestashop version depending on your store. Contact us if you have any questions,.