On April 14th, Prestashop released the newest version – version 188.8.131.52. This latest version comes with powerfully outstanding functions, it closes all 32 issues since version 184.108.40.206 (released on January 7th).
As being indicated on the version number, this is the 5th patch release for Prestashop 220.127.116.11.
As usual, if you are currently running promotions leading to high traffic on your website, we highly recommend that you wait for the promotion to end before attempting any upgrade and technical change to your store.
This new patch surely satisfies you!
For this latest version, Prestashop have many changes.
Here are some of the most notable changes that this version brings:
- Price: Fix combination price calculation with impact and reduction.
- Order slips: Fix incorrect shipping taxes.
- Front office: Split CSS for IE9.
- Front office: Fix specific price.
- Front office: Fix incorrect cart rules list in case of country restriction.
- PDF: Re-added field note in invoice.
- PDF: Re-added shipping box in invoice.
- PDF: Updated b2b template.
- PDF: Improved pagination on invoices.
- PDF: Use address from order for invoice.
- PDF: Update constraints on Addresses display.
- Class: Added hook to indicate which method to use instead of deprecated methods.
- CORE: Fixed double preg quote() in Dispatcher.php.
- CORE: Updated SwiftMailer to v5.2.2.
- Security: Use Mcrypt’s CBC mode instead of the ECB mode.
- i18n: Updated installer for Italian, Vietnamese, and Polish.
- i18n: Updated Hong Kong localization pack.
- i18n: Improved Dutch meta info.
Keep in mind that updating SwiftMailer is a nice step forward security-wise: most notably, it enables support for STARTLS, making possible for Prestashop to work with Gmail, Outlook, etc.
Since version 18.104.22.168 is a “patch” update to version 22.214.171.124, upgrading from that version will be as smooth as silk for everyone: features will work better, and modules & themes which worked fine on 126.96.36.199 will work just as well with 188.8.131.52.
This release had 19 contributors, both from PrestaShop and from the Community at large.
A huge “thank you!” to each of the 11 outside contributors, who gave their time and knowledge for the benefit of the whole PrestaShop community!